Advance Technology Golf Centre (Pty) Ltd (The Golf Centre) is an indoor and outdoor golf facility that is situated on the driving range at Ruimsig Country Club. This facility consists of a number of coaching bays and includes an office, reception area, waiting area and driving range ball dispensing area.
The indoor facility provides for coaching or practicing at all times and any weather conditions. It specifically offers practice facilities for golfers who need coaching and practicing after normal working hours. As coaching tools, The Golf Centre utilizes the following advance technology equipment:
- Flight scope X2 which is a ball tracking monitor.
- Swing Catalyst computer software for video capturing and comprehensive swing analyses capabilities.
- Video cameras to integrate with Flight scope, SwingviewPro and Swing Catalyst.
- Tomi 3D putting systems for comprehensive putting analyses.
- Computers to host all related software.
- Flat screen monitors to display all information.
- Training aids such as the Explanar swing apparatus.
Reasons why you should visit the Centre now:
- We provide golf lessons for all ages and abilities.
- South Africa’s most technologically up-to-date Golf Centre.
- PGA Professional golf coaching.
- New coaching methodology to fast track golf improvement.
- Advance golf equipment to analyse your swing in detail.
- State-of-the-art golf swing video analyses – lessons can be watched and reviewed at a later date on the internet or your iPhone.
- If you do not require golf lessons, you can practice at any time using the facilities.
- Custom club fitting to ensure that you purchase the correct clubs.
Something about the Golf Professional
Hennie Rootman is a qualified PGA Professional Golfer and Coach. As an amateur golfer, he performed exceptionally earning his national and provincial amateur colours at an early age. Although he won many junior and amateur titles, his ultimate achievement was winning the South African Match Play Championship and Gold Medal in 2004. He joined the Sunshine Tour in 2005 and was a full time playing professional for three years. He decided to leave the Tour and to commence with his studies through the South African PGA. He completed his three-year Professional Golfers Association (PGA) diploma and apprenticeship. As part of his career planning, he decided to focus primarily on coaching. As coaching has become his primary focus area, a study has been made of the existing coaching methodologies used in South Africa. This has resulted in new scientific and advanced approach on coaching methods. This coaching methodology has started the idea of a Golf Centre where advance golf technologies and equipment, such as ball tracking monitoring and video capturing software will be used to improve coaching methods and results.